The topics covered in Company Law at CS Professional Level
- Introduction to Company Law
- Provisions relating to Shares and debentures
- Provisions relating to Members and Shareholders
- Distribution of Profits
- Provisions relating to Loans, Investments and Related Party Transactions
- Introduction of the website and usage of Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Constitution of Board of Directors
- Board Meetings and Annual general Meetings
- Importance of Company Secretary as a profession
The best approach to study Company Law paper
- Start studies at least 7-8 months before exams
- It is highly recommended to refer to the Bare Act for studying Company Law. The ICSI material is also very helpful as the procedures and Rules are given in a systematic order. A combination of studies from the Bare Act and ICSI study material is recommended.
- Prepare your own notes: Company Law is all about procedures, rules and regulations. It is understood best when you make your own study notes in the simplest possible language to remember every provision along with Section Numbers.
- Updates: Law is a very dynamic subject with many amendments, circulars and notifications. Keep yourself updated by visiting the website of Ministry of Corporate Affairs to be able to tackle tricky questions which are related to amendments applicable to your exam.